Vision Our HopeThe vision of FIC is to create church for the homeless youth of San Francisco so that they can come to believe and grow in relationship with Jesus Christ, the One who frees from slavery, poverty, addiction, and the past.
Mission StrategyFreedom in Christ seeks to be a church for the homeless, dedicated to providing the following to the homeless: 1) Food and basic needs 2) God’s Word, transformational love, and ongoing discipleship 3) Deliverance from oppressive strongholds.
On the Street With the PeopleFreedom In Christ is a street ministry. Whether struggling with drugs, alcohol or any other vice, we build relationships with homeless San Francisco youth where they are at. Our desire is to build trust and ultimately meet their physical and spiritual needs.
Ministry ProfileFreedom in Christ is a non-profit ministry that brings church to the homeless men and women of San Francisco, namely those residing in the Haight Street District and Golden Gate Park. Our target population is homeless youth. Grant Kim, CEO and founder, regularly spends time in San Francisco praying, cultivating relationships, sharing the gospel, and distributing food and clothing. Grant received his Master of Divinity degree from Fuller Theological Seminary and is serving as Pastor to the homeless. Our Board of Directors serve as Elders, seeking to faithfully serve the ministry and discern God’s will for its direction and scope. In the near future, we plan to open a base in San Francisco, where an intern will regularly minister. It is our heart to serve the homeless men and women so that they can experience transformed lives through the power of Jesus Christ.
- 12-18-10 Christmas Outreach
- Each year our church without walls does a special Christmas Service. We get a Christmas tree with lights and wrapped gifts for all! Check back for more information on this event!"
- 11-19-10 Coats!
- As the weather becomes colder the need is great for coats and heavy sweatshirts. If you have any old ski parkas or heavy winter wear, please consider donating to the ministry.
- 09-20-09 Golden Gate Park Outreach
- Saturday night worship is back on! We are meeting every Saturday night at Golden Gate park. Our new format is picnic style. We are still sharing pizza and the Word of God."
- 07-15-09 San Francisco Ranked 7th Toughest City on Homeless
- Our city is downright mean. So says the National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty in a new report called "Homes Not Handcuffs."